Saturday, March 22, 2014

TEA AND ME

Happy Saturday,

Have to update you on my invitation to tea. I did drive there even after my husband asked three times if I wanted him to drive me. The trip was without incident except for the pre anxiety. We had been shopping and running errands all day and had went out to dinner. So I was pretty tired at 7pm when I left. We started shopping at 12 noon. 
When I got there there was not just the usual group of friends but they added  new person. 
Before I left the house I brought  one of my books to give to one of the regular girls who did not have a copy. I had already given one to the other two friends about  1 year ago. Now these two friends have never said a word about my book. They never said they read it, they never said they liked it, they never said it was the worst piece of junk they had ever read. WHAT! By this time I really wondered  if they are friends at all. I still brought a book and signed it. Well guess what happened then? I saw there was a new girl that I had never met before and I said to myself "NO WAY" I already felt like I was in hostile territory with the first girls I gave it to. 
But because I have been telling you all not to be ashamed of  your agoraphobia but bring people into the awareness of it. Because of the bumper sticker I put on my car I should have done what I told you all to do. 
I can't believe I was such a chicken. The crazy part was the new girl was so nice and friendly and we really hit it off. And to make matters worse the girl who had the tea, had a whole table of books she asked us to look through and take any we wanted. I really blew it! 
I am going to forgive myself and love myself anyway. I am going to think of myself as a human being that is a work in progress. And I promise you I will give that book to the friend I know and also the friend I just met.
Keep tuned.

Also please take the hyperphoria test on the left.

The very best to you talk to you soon.  
Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment