Sunday, May 11, 2014

I ASKED FOR A BOOTH!

Hi everyone, Happy Mothers Day,

Well yours truly was out for breakfast this morning. I usually get to the restaurant early because I still need a booth to really feel comfortable. Even though a lot of my symptoms are gone I still have a hard time sitting at a table in a restaurant. I imagine that there is too much empty space around me. A booth is more defined as to the space and easier to cope with.  
Guess what, there was no empty booths! The placed was packed because of mother's day. I told the hostess I would wait for one. My husband and I are now trying to keep out of the way of the incoming customers. I am thinking maybe I should just see if there is a table by the wall ,this will also work. I have never been to this restaurant so I don't really know what was there. But to be truthful I was feeling that old feeling of embarrassment because everyone is being seated and we are just standing there. So I started saying to my husband maybe we should look for somewhere else to sit and he said no we are going to get a booth and be comfortable. That made me feel a lot better. It wasn't long after that,  that the hostess and by now the owner were getting the dishes off the table as fast as they could after their customers left  so we could sit down. They didn't think it strange that I asked for a booth. They even apologized for the wait. When I left the owner gave me a yellow carnation even though there were customers everywhere.
Yep, this thing called agoraphobia makes us a little nuts. I chided myself for not believing what I want all of you to believe that this is truly a disability and nothing to be ashamed  of. I am learning along with you. I hope you enjoyed my story. Leave me a comment and tell me a story of your own or just a thumbs up would be nice.
Hugs to you all. Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment